top of page

IYFUSA Group

Public·697 members

“Parrot-Child Interactions: How to Ensure Safe and Friendly Interactions?”

Hey everyone, I’ve been thinking about getting a parrot for my family, but I’m a little nervous about how it will interact with my kids, especially since they’re young and energetic. I want to make sure the parrot feels comfortable and that my children understand how to approach it properly.

I’ve read that some breeds are better suited for families with children, and hand-raised parrots adapt better to different environments. Does anyone have experience with this? I found a website that offers good advice on family-friendly parrots, and they even have some detailed info on African greys. You can check it out here: african grey parrot for sale. They seem to emphasize how important early socialization is, which makes sense for creating a calm environment for both the bird and the kids. Do you have any tips on introducing the bird to children safely? I would love to hear your thoughts!

dashanovit6
dashanovit6
dashanovit6
2 days ago

It’s great that you’re thinking carefully about getting a parrot, especially when you have young children!

Teach your children to respect the bird’s space.

Supervised Interactions. Parrots thrive in environments where they can socialize regularly and follow a consistent routine. As you pointed out, early socialization is key.

Good luck with your decision! Parrots can make wonderful companions, but it’s important to ensure the bird and your family are well-prepared for the transition.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page