December 29, 2018 ~ January 1, 2019
Who We Recruit
High school and College students or adults who want to make a difference in someone’s life.
*Minors: 16 and 17-year-olds may apply, but must have full parental consent. For minor consent forms click here.
What to Bring
• Valid Passport
• I-20, Visa (**Only if you are an international college student with an F-1 Visa), Permanent Resident Card (**Only if you are a Permanent Resident)
• Notebook with pens
• Proper clothing for teaching and cool, possibly wet weather (long pants, light jacket)
• Personal toiletries (including wet wipes and sunscreen)
• Personal water bottle (with filter)
• Sleeping bag (if your country’s accommodations require it)
• Any necessary medications
• Watch (watches will be used by instructors to maintain the class time by beginning and ending their classes according to schedule)
• Materials for class instruction (scissors, glue, color markers, dry-erase markers, chalk, index cards, etc.)
Camp Participation Fee
*Includes round trip ground transportation between Dallas and Monterrey/Juarez, room and board, and the camp participant fee for both the Dallas Workshop and English Camp in Monterrey/Juarez.
† Any pertinent travel documents’ preparation fees are personal responsibility.
†† You must make travel arrangements from your home city to Dallas and back. Most IYF branches will be arranging either a carpool or bus for attendees. Please inquire about travel options and costs from your local IYF branch.
Travel Arrangements and Schedule
When purchasing airplane tickets, please keep this schedule in mind:
- ARRIVE at the workshop venue by no later than 1:00 pm on December 25th.
- December 28th and January 2nd are travel days between Monterrey/Juarez and Dallas and back.
- Your RETURN flight to your home city should be booked for after 7:00 pm on January 2nd. Flights booked earlier run the risk of being missed, as we cannot guarantee arrival in Dallas any earlier due to expected delays at the U.S./Mexico border upon our return.
Have questions regarding your flight itinerary and/or purchasing tickets? Please contact your local U.S. IYF Branch or send an e-mail to our main office at email@example.com.